Accountant Part Time Bookkeeper
You are a well-rounded individual with Bookkeeping and Canadian tax experience having a desire to exceed client expectation. Your role will be to assist staff in providing Bookkeeping and Tax services for our personal and small to medium size business clients.
This is a part-time position at our office in Toronto. The position is well suited for a self-employed individual. There is a higher demand in the peak season with the potential for more hours when necessary. We are willing to pay $18-$25 based on experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Organizing and tabulating client information from receipts.
- Recording Income and Expenses.
- Reconciling Bank and Credit Accounts.
- Manage and Prepare Government remittances (Payroll, WSIB and HST)
- Preparing working paper file.
- Assist with the preparation T1 Personal and Self-employed Business Tax Returns.
- Assist with preparation of T2 Corporate Tax.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Diploma/Degree in accounting or equivalent CGA levels with 5 plus years of experience.
- Experience in the complete bookkeeping cycle.
- T1 tax preparation knowledge an asset.
- Verifiable working experience required.
- Completion of an HR block tax certificate an asset.
- Knowledge of Profile tax software preferred.
- Experience with QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks Online, Xero, and Business Vision is a must.
- Experience working in an Accounting firm preferred.
- Strong MS office and keyboard skills.
- Professional and well-groomed demeanour with strong work ethics.
- Punctual with excellent attendance; Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Willing to discuss and contribute to workflow improvement.
- Must be proficient in the English language- both oral and written.
- Strong communication, Analytical and organization skills.
- Ability to work independently and/ or in a team environment.
- Able to follow company procedures and guidelines.
- Onboarding new clients, setting up new Accounting Software files and/or taking over of previous books.
- Occasional meetings with clients to review statements, any questions and troubleshoot any issues.
- Preparation of year-end packages for accountants, i.e. preparing a trial balance, adjusting entries, and reconciling accounts.
What we offer:
- A work environment that values flexibility and provides opportunities for telecommuting.
- There is always something to do near our office. We are minutes away from Centennial Park which is home to a ski hill, golf course, go-kart track, batting cage, various playgrounds, sports fields and picnic areas.
- An open concept office that fosters collaboration, and is easily accessible via public transit.
* Please note that you must be willing to come into our office, this is not a remote position.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.00 to $25.00 /hour